- 2020-10-03 - 2020-11-22
10:00 - 15:00
This is a hybrid class with one in-person class, four online classes, and one in-person assessment. You can take either the full series for $100, or the online portion only for $40.
Take your Horsemanship to the next level! Whereas Level 2 Horsemanship was simply a more in-depth version of the Level 1 topics, in Level 3 we start to broaden the scope of knowledge into trailering, conditioning, vet & first aid, and farriery. A Level 3 Horseman is someone who not just cares for the horse before and after her ride, but is also capable of attending the animal throughout the day. This is the minimum level of knowledge you would want before venturing into horse ownership. The Level 3 checklist is:
- All the level two requirements
- Describe good and bad features of a chosen horse’s pasture & stall.
- Describe how to lead in and out of a trailer
- Knowledge and adjustment of own tack
- Identify common bits and their uses
- Know feed schedule and amounts for own horse (or horse to be used)
- Use and knowledge of full grooming kit
- Cooling out and after-ride procedures
- Signs of good health, TPR, maintenance of health, signs of colic
- When to call the vet; types of wounds and treatment
- External parts of the hoof. Signs trimming or re-shoeing is necessary.
Saturdays 10am – 11am
3 & 17 October, 7 & 21 November
Sundays 3pm – 4pm
25 October, 22 November