Cornwall Ridge Equestrian is open for private and small group lessons with the following caveats.
We have always had small class sizes and plenty of open space at our stables. Riding class size will remain at the maximum of four, and we are restricting Mounted Combat classes to six participants. In addition, we ask that you follow these procedures for your own and others’ safety:
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, or have been exposed to someone who is ill. We will credit you with make-up classes if you miss a class.
- Wash your hands when you arrive.
- Wear gloves for your entire time at the stables. If you forget yours we have have disposable gloves at the vet area sink.
- Please bring your own helmet, boots, and fencing equipment. If you need to borrow equipment we will assign you loaner gear for the duration of your course for a small cleaning fee plus a refundable deposit.
- Masks are requested during horsemanship and swordplay lessons. You may remove your mask during your ride if you find it hard to breath effectively.
- There is a limit of two horses in the west crossties at one time. Leave the middle space empty, and give yourself extra time to groom and tack up in case you have to wait.
- Maintain at least two horse lengths between yourself and the horse in front of you when riding. Pass with at least one horse length between you.
- Maintain at least two sword lengths between yourself and others during ground-based lessons and solo drills. For partner work requiring exchanges of blows, wear a face mask in addition to your fencing mask, and avoiding grappling.
- Leave your tack and equipment out after your lesson. We will clean it and put it away.
Thank you for your help in keeping our facilities safe. We are cleaning equipment and high-touch surfaces frequently, and have alcohol spray and saddle soap available if you wish to clean any surfaces yourself before using them.
Stay Home if You Have COVID-19 Symptoms!
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle aches
- Loss of appetite